The Post-War Period
After the war, the Allied Forces confiscated and dismantled the factories, and some buildings were blown up. At first, the camps were occupied by Displaced Persons and by prisoners of war, later on exiles and refugees were housed there.
As from 1947, new settlement of handicraft and industry could be organized, based on the existing infrastructure: It was the beginning of a development turning Allendorf into the most important industrial site of the rural district of Marburg-Biedenkopf.
On October 1st, 1960 Allendorf received city rights, and was from then on called Stadtallendorf.